Step 14. Lots of different details this week- shako plate, intricate little cuff design (aaargh!), grey saddle blanket, red part of plume, saddle roll. This last should contain the regimental number (in this case X LD) but this will just look terrible if I attempt it and so I will wait for someone to one day bring out decals!
Step 15. Basic coat for the horses in a variety of browns...
Step 16. Finish plume and tidy up shako.
I used a gloss red for the shako top to give that laquered card look, as the previous matt looked too dull
Step 19: black trim of the pelisse followed by a dark grey drybrushing to pick out the detail of the fur.
It's easy to miss details on new figures and I'd advise spending a bit more time than I did before diving in. Here you can see how I completely missed a segment of the gold frogging (bottom right, between the two cuffs) - so will have to go back and do it again. I also messed up in missing that the officers' pelisses are actually different - a bit more ornate - and have stuck them on other ranks, so will have to sort them out later. Hey ho!
A week of Christmas drinking ahead and doubt I'll get much painting done but will post any progress soon!